The Marjorie Luke Theatre makes every effort to ensure full accessibility for artists and audience members living with disabilities. Physical access to the Theatre from the street and parking areas, to ticket booths, auditorium, stage, dressing rooms, restrooms, scene shop and technical control booth will make this Theatre one of the most accessible performance venues on the west coast.
We are proud to offer the following highlights of Accessibility:
Enter the parking lot off Cota Street to find accessible parking marked with blue signs. Accessible entrance to the Center for audiences and artists is through the arched entrance off this parking lot.
- The Bryan Family Foyer features ticket booths with wheelchair accessibility for staff and patrons.
- Accessible mens and womens public restrooms are in the main hall on either side of the main entrance to the auditorium.
- Designated wheelchair seating is available in front, mid-house and rear-of-house locations on the ground level. Wheelchair and companion seating are also available in the center section of the balcony, accessed via the elevator in the main lobby. Please make requests in advance whenever possible.
- Balcony level is accessible by elevator in the main lobby across from the entrance to the Bryan Family Foyer.
- The technical control booth on the ground level of the auditorium is wheelchair accessible.
- The accessible entrances to the stage area are down the hallways on both sides of the auditorium. There is a wheelchair accessible dressing room and bathroom in the backstage area off the scene shop on the same level as the stage.
- A wheelchair lift is available in the house right portal for access to the stage from the auditorium.
- Our multiple channel FM Phonic Ear Systems enable audience members to use headsets with ear buds or loops to obtain:
– amplified sound for persons who are hard of hearing
– audio description for persons who are blind or partially sighted (when description is provided by the presenter of the event)
– second language translation (when translation is provided by presenter of the event)
- Please note that The Luke Theatre is a rental house and does not present or produce events. Thus, services including sign language interpretation, audio description and second language translation are the responsibility of the producer of each event, should they decide to include such services. Contact the presenting organizations directly for access service information. The Manager’s office will provide contact information for producers.
- The House Manager on duty at events will be happy to provide you with headsets upon request.